Energetically, the pelvis is the storage area for many emotions carried and repressed in our bodies. The aim of this workshop is to open our hips and release this energy by using a Yin / Yang approach.
The Yin practice is feminine and passive, holding postures for between 2-10 minutes. This facilitates a melting of the fascia, (the bonding structures between muscle and bone) and an expansion of ligaments and tendons that reduce the mobility of the hip region.
Muscles in that area will also be changed by integrating a complementary dynamic practice – the Yang methodology that we know and adore.
As we weave these two practices together, we will stimulate an essential ‘letting go’ of all the connective tissue that runs deep inside this junction. As a result you feel change not only on the physical level but also on more subtle layers of yourself.
Date:16th June, 2012.
Time: 3:00pm – 6:30pm
Teachers: Jamie Clarke & Dulce Aguilar
- The muscles around the hips.
- Yin Yoga Poses for stretching the connective tissue of the hips.
- Analysis of your body. How realistic is it for me to reach the pinnacle of certain poses ?
- Yang Yoga Routine, focusing on hips.
- Yin Yoga Routine to take home and practice.
Space limited. Pre-booking is required , please contact us: