Yoga Teacher Training In India – Goa Intensive.
Join the Leading Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in London, now in India!
Training Teachers since 2003!
Update: SOLD OUT!
Why 200 Hours with The Yoga People?
- Tuition & Materials.
- Yoga Alliance Certification.
- Fill out the form on the right to request your application form.
- Once your application is reviewed you will receive a phone call or email, notifying acceptance.
- A £650.00 deposit will be required to reserve your spot on the training.
- Module 1 – From the Origins to the Here and Now.
The History of Yoga from the different philosophies up to present Ashtanga Vinyasa lineage. An introduction to the concept of mastering our life force or prana in order to bring evenness of mind.
- Module 2 – Muladhara.
Bandhas & Chakras, opening the door to energy tools techniques & subtle anatomy. “The Mula” is introduced as the key to ignite the energetic lift to our spiritual & physical bodies.
- Module 3 – Tradition & Discipline.
Introduction to traditional practices of yoga such as “Kriyas & Pranayama”. The technique of Uddiyana is presented as being interdependent with the mastery of the breath.
- Module 4 – Vinyasa.
Integration of the Master Keys of Prana. A revision of Ujjayi as the elixir to ride the Vinyasa wave. The elements of Vinyasa are presented in different perspectives from a micro view within the pose, through to macro view creating an integrated moving meditation.
- Module 5 – Linking Physics with the mind.
Understanding how intellectual knowledge is put into reality. Hands on adjustments are presented from perspectives of ”target areas”.
“Intention” is introduced as a component of an integral yogi “matching our knowledge (mind) with our actions (asanas/body)”.
- Module 6 – From Chikitsa to Progressive Ashtanga.
Analysis of the layers of the Primary Series as methodology to create routines for different needs & ability levels. Applying creativity intelligently as a component to make your own style. “The Science of Sequence”.
- Module 7 – Connecting with your Inner Guru.
Trusting your internal wisdom as your true teacher. Understanding the intuition of Ajna Chakra (universal wisdom) and how it manifests in our life journey.
Connection of the lower chakras to higher levels of consciousness, using Bija Mantra meditation (vibrational sound).
Understanding the principles of center of gravity and counterweight, leading to the mastery of Inversions.
- Module 8 – Vinyasa as a Complete Experience.
The Vinyasa is now transformed by dissolving the hierarchy of traditional Ashtanga sequencing. The science of kramas is introduced to bring accessibility to the advanced asanas. Inversions and arm balances are defragmented with techniques and process, making them more achievable.
The Yoga People Program follows the standards of Yoga Alliance, which requires a breakdown of the 200 hours of the training into different designated categories. It is required to complete the entire 200 contact (180) and non-contact (20) hours for certification.
The contact hours are made up of the following:
- Techniques, Training & Practice: Includes asanas, pranayama, kriyas, mantras, meditation and other traditional Yoga techniques
- Teaching Methodology: Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting, instruction, teaching structure, teacher qualities, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching Yoga.
- Anatomy & Physiology: Includes physical anatomy and physiology (muscular, skeletal and endocrine systems), energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). We will review in detail these subjects and the application of their principles to your Yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns & target areas).
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics Includes the study of Yoga philosophies, Yoga lifestyle and ethics, all reviewed in a practical approach so as to integrate it into our daily life.
- Practicum: Includes teaching, adjusting, assisting, observing, and exchanging constructive feedback. Also this includes the presentation and explanation of other specific subjects and routines.
22 days x 8 hours = 176 Hours
2 days x 2 hours = 4 Hours
Total = 180 Hours.
Non-Contact hours = 20 hours
This is time studied outside of the classroom, without a faculty member present. These hours should be relevant to the specific yoga and/or anatomy & physiology being studied. This outside study should be carefully selected to support the training emphasis.
The 20 Non-Contact hours of The Yoga People will be made up of an Anatomy Course Online as well as extra study & assignments while doing the course.
The intention of the course is to create awareness that knowledge essentially is reawakened from within. It is a road that requires will, commitment and discipline. Jamie and Dulce will assist you on how to nourish deep inquiry into Yoga, beyond appearances, the aesthetic and the superficial.
In the beginning of the course their approach will follow the classical texts and traditions of the Ashtanga Yoga lineage. They will pay great respect to the teachings of Guruji, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois . In the middle segment they will focus on appreciating the graceful form of Vinyasa Yoga, touching upon a variety of complimentary styles that are available today. To close will be all about deeply encouraging you to follow a road of excellence, where all the teachings that you integrate, will come only from experiencing from within, a part of yourself.
Jamie & Dulce, draw upon their experience from training extensively with Yoga masters such as Edward Clark, Paul Grilley, Shiva Rea & Larry Schultz. They have also enjoyed learning with insightful wizards such as Richard Freeman, David Swenson, Lino Miele, Max Strom, David Williams, Baptiste Marceau and Danny Paradise. All these beautiful wise yogic souls have influenced the teaching blend that they offer.
For further information on what you will receive from Jamie and Dulce, please check the biography section.
Towards the northern reaches of Goa lies the panoramic beaches of Mandrem, nestled with a sprinkling of quality hotels and accommodation, charming restaurants and friendly locals. Expect a bohemian, yogi vibe.
The Dunes offers quality constructed beach chic huts, which are functional and remarkably spacious. All accommodation are finished with paved stone floors, en-suite bathrooms with western toilets and hot showers.
The restaurant offers a full menu of delicious fresh vegetarian cuisine, with fish or meat if you fancy, perched over breathtaking views.
And then there is the yoga platform, a special space of breath, peace and tranquility, the perfect place for transformation.
Click on each image to find out more about our students past experiences.