The System was created in San Francisco by Larry Shultz, a student of visionary Pattabhi Jois, the pioneer of the traditional ashtanga yoga from Mysore India. The Rocket sequences are intelligently adapted routines using advanced variations and creative transitions, as well as incorporating some complimentary and challenging asanas from the second and third ashtanga series. It brings refreshing accessibility to the postures that are normally out of reach. The upbeat tempo of movement is the catalyst for transformation, e
ach routine builds on the one before and is designed to wake up the nervous system, stimulating your energy, giving intensity to the practice.
Teach the Rocket:
Our intensives our designed to share and breakdown in detail the Rocket Series. You will learn the mechanics of “flying”,” strengthening” and “transitioning”. You will master the techniques and methodology essential in teaching these routines. The Rocket video and training manual come included as part of the tuition.
Also the 100 hours of training can be counted as Advanced Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
- Flying techniques: made possible by combining multiple aspects of yoga that when put together allow you to move and maintain a sense of levitation or flight in your practice.
- 140 Ashtanga Yoga postures.
- Abdominal (bandhas) strength and control.
- Full body strengthening, including hand, leg, wrist, shoulder, and back development.
- Stacking methods for inversions.
- Arm Balancing and Inversions (headstands, elbow stands, scorpion, handstands), crow posture, side crow, one legged crow, crazy eight, peacock posture & many more…